Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a month can fly by

Can't it? I don't have much to say or blog about. Lately I have been thinking about writing a lot. One of my dreams in life is to have a book published. Not to soar to fame or become rich, but to just be able to see something in print on a backshelf in a bookstore. One of my problems, though, is that I not only can't decide what type of book to write (fiction? prose? Based on a true story? coffee table book?) But I have a serious lack of creative energy.

Well, that isn't completely true. But I use my creativity all day in my own mind, fantasizing about the world around me, embellishing on details I see before my eyes, that when it comes time to think about fantasy, about what is not real, when I need to create something... I cannot find what I need. Its hard to explain. I wish I could do better. But when I think about the brilliance of some of my favorite writers, there is no way I can even begin to think about writing. What could I ever think up that could compare?

I hope that one day ill snap out of it. We shall see. That's all I have to write today, I guess. That and... I miss my Grandma Faye a lot right now. Not sure if its for any reason in particular. Ill think that one out as I fall asleep.

No comments: